Friday, April 10, 2009

Goats, Goats, What to do with them??

Ok so now I am up to 12 goats and a really nice huge colored meat buck that will arive in June. Now where do I put them all? The 2 I am milking are kept in their own small pen and the others are mixed together in a bigger pen but still dryloted. I am tring to decide the best way to fence our pasture as well as our 3.5 acre lot. I think Ill use a mix of field fence, barbed wire around the top and a strand of hot wire around the inside middle. We can not however use our lot till July when the wheat gets harvested. But I think thats what we will fence for them first.

I am geting almost 2 quarts a day from my 2 dairy goats im milking, I have begune milking 2X a day in hopes to get back some of their milk production and its been working. I just orderd some supplies so I can make cheese and yogurt as well, cant wait for that to get here! I am going to atempt to make some yogurt later today from a store bought yogurt culture and I have a lot of frozen strawberrys that I froze severel months ago so Im hoping that will be good. Wish me luck!

Thats about all for today but Ill update with how the yogurt making goes.
I was looking today and it apears that one of my nubians is posibly just starting to get a bag, Ill look closer tomorrow storm was coming and I was tring to get chores done. Heres hoping for a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment