Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Will water buffalo be soon coming to Sacred Wind Farm?

Yes its true, I want some water buffalo. Imagine that, only me. Well I have been researching them as well as yak and bison, but I believe the water buffalo would suit my needs better. I want a dairy bovine and have been looking for alternative live stock. I like them becouse they are not terribly large, give a good amount of milk, are soposed to be a very gentle animal and will do draft work with ease. Im goin to start with a pair of young heifers and when they get older will purchase a bull for them. This will give me time to just work with them on ground work. Hope to have them help me plow my garden spot and clear my driveway of snow in the winter and pull an ox cart in parades.

I am going to be geting rid of some of my goats, Only going to be keeping 3-5 nanny goats and a buck....who stays and who goes??? hmmm good question, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment