Monday, March 30, 2009

New Dairy Goats and some Giant Rabbits have arrived!

Well In this day of little extra money to spend more folks are going the bartering rout. I don't think that's such a bad thing, folks have been bartering since the beginning of time. I have just recently been a party in a bartering deal. I have traded my Arabian gelding and received a pair of Checkered Giant rabbits, palamino doe rabbit, and a pair of dairy goats. The Dairy doe is a Oberhasli yearling and the buck is an Alpine. And it appears there will be another trade soon, a mare for a few more dairy goats. Its a good way to get something you want and can use and get rid of something that you don't, its a win win situation.

I bred the checkered Giants today and it went well so cross your fingers in about 30 days Ill have little bouncing baby buns! My English angora is due April 19th so I'm crossing my fingers for that litter. New pics of the goats will be up soon!

My husband and my FIL finished my goat pen today and we let them out, that's one more job down and only about a billion more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment