Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Where we are now.

Welll its been a few months since my first blog but nothing much has happend. We did change our plans a bit. We bought 3.5 acres right next to my inlaws and will be waiting patiently for the winter wheat to be harvested off it in June or July. I will be puting a bunny barn on it and fencing it for my goats and a couple sheep. Our plans are to put a trailer on it untile a time in the far distant future that we can build a log cabin on our 15 acres. This puts us to almost 19 acres of total acrage.

I have bred my first angora doe and am waiting not so paitently to see if she took, she would be due on the 19th of Feb. Im keeping my fingers crossed. I also just aquired a trio of blue Silver fox rabbits. The does are only 3 months so I still have awhile to breed them. But the buck is 6 months so Ill be looking for some kind of meat doe to start my meat breeding herd.

In waiting for spring to arive I have decided to start an indoor container garden. Found some very usefull youtubes to help me on my way. I have started severel herbs, bush beans, tiny tim, patio, and cherry tomatoes. I also started a couple of Tigger melon seeds and some bush cucumbers, these will be watched to see just how container gardening works for them. Other seeds I got for my garden are some unusual yard long beans and yard long cucumbers. I like the rare and unusual so we will see just how well they do, Come on Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment