Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I've got embryos!

I candled some of my eggs tonight and out of the 2 doz I checked all where growing right on schedual. Looks Like I will have lots of peeps before to long. I also placed an order with Ideal hatchery for some black astrolorps and buff brahmas. I have also added some OEGB eggs to my incubator in the colors Self blue and Spangled. Wow those are tiny eggs. I will begin working on some coops here in the next couple of weeks. I am planing on having individual pens for selling hatching eggs of the variouse breeds and also have plenty to hatch out myself.

My worms are growing like weeds and Im hoping the Africans will be big and fat for fishing soon. My plants are growing like weeds, we will have TONS of tomatoes this year. Im ready to plant outside. The weather keeps teasing me though.

I will be planting some fruit trees and berry plants on our 3.5 acre lot in the fall and get them started. This lot will be used only for growing food. We have decided just to wait anouther year and build our house out on our 15 acres.

No comments:

Post a Comment